For over ten years, this carpet lived in pristine condition on the floor of my grandma's apartment. It was rare for her to have guests, outside of my parents, my man and myself. My first son was born only nine weeks before she unexpectedly passed away. She bequeathed her belongings to me - an ironic twist of fate for us all. Now grandma's things, formerly accustomed to living a sheltered life of weekly (if not daily) dusting and vacuuming, are being exposed to our family. I hope they're enjoying their new life in grand central baby station.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Kiss the White Carpet Goodbye
Here's the white carpet that has caused so much consternation for me. (No, not the snow!) What kind of parent of two small children would buy a white carpet, you wonder? Well, as everyone who has ever visited my home knows, I didn't buy it, I inherited it. I feel obligated to tell people this as they step over the stains and piles of lint caught in the diamond patterned grooves.
For over ten years, this carpet lived in pristine condition on the floor of my grandma's apartment. It was rare for her to have guests, outside of my parents, my man and myself. My first son was born only nine weeks before she unexpectedly passed away. She bequeathed her belongings to me - an ironic twist of fate for us all. Now grandma's things, formerly accustomed to living a sheltered life of weekly (if not daily) dusting and vacuuming, are being exposed to our family. I hope they're enjoying their new life in grand central baby station.
For over ten years, this carpet lived in pristine condition on the floor of my grandma's apartment. It was rare for her to have guests, outside of my parents, my man and myself. My first son was born only nine weeks before she unexpectedly passed away. She bequeathed her belongings to me - an ironic twist of fate for us all. Now grandma's things, formerly accustomed to living a sheltered life of weekly (if not daily) dusting and vacuuming, are being exposed to our family. I hope they're enjoying their new life in grand central baby station.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
j'adore c'est photo!!! perhaps it's the piano i covet!
Post a Comment