Sunday, April 6, 2008

I'm Not Martha Stewart!

I often find myself feeling embarrassed or at least apologetic when new folks come to my house. I imagine that people have certain expectations of how an artist's home should look (ie. very artsy and aesthetically pleasing) and let's just say that my place doesn't exactly fit that mould. Things are messy and falling apart, despite my parents' efforts at cleaning up for us.

I try to tell myself, and occasionally others, that I'm not Martha Stewart, I'm an artist. To be honest, I question whether I'm either these days! Sometimes I try the approach of warning people that our place is a cross between a mansion and a hovel. I'm hoping that my self-deprecation may ward off "other deprecation," but I'm not sure it's working.

Anyways, I thought I would try to offer up some photographs of my environment, made with my very low-tech point and shoot digital camera. Hopefully this will enable me to post more frequently and add another dimension to Mommy Besieged.

Enjoy the chaos!

No comments: