What I've come to realize and value only recently is that I do have a style, albeit highly eclectic. It is perfectly consistent with my "Make-Do" philosophy. It involves saying yes to almost anything that comes my way, either as gifts or cast-offs. My home has a grandma meets artist meets bag-lady kind of feel to it. So now that I've identified my style, I can get to work on the even more challenging task of embracing it.
Friday, April 11, 2008
The Faded Bloom
At times I have struggled with an aesthetic identity crisis. Some friends favour a sleek contemporary style with bold colours and simple lines while others are into the granola crunchy look with lots of batik and wood. Whatever the style, I'm always impressed and intimidated by the coordination of it all... how everything seems to go together and make sense in their homes.
What I've come to realize and value only recently is that I do have a style, albeit highly eclectic. It is perfectly consistent with my "Make-Do" philosophy. It involves saying yes to almost anything that comes my way, either as gifts or cast-offs. My home has a grandma meets artist meets bag-lady kind of feel to it. So now that I've identified my style, I can get to work on the even more challenging task of embracing it.
What I've come to realize and value only recently is that I do have a style, albeit highly eclectic. It is perfectly consistent with my "Make-Do" philosophy. It involves saying yes to almost anything that comes my way, either as gifts or cast-offs. My home has a grandma meets artist meets bag-lady kind of feel to it. So now that I've identified my style, I can get to work on the even more challenging task of embracing it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
as my grandma says, "make it do or do without." ;^)
Post a Comment