Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Give Me a Ring

Hi. It's me. I'm feeling a bit sheepish that I briefly went on a blogging tear only to abandon ship again for a few days. But you'll be glad to know that I've been focusing on pulling myself together and actually getting a few things done rather than simply talking about it all the time. At long last, I've tidied up my studio to the point where it's functional.

The busy, creative people I know always claim that an organized workspace is key to their survival. As a parent of two very young children, my time is so limited that I've dismissed neatness as unnecessary. All a gal really needs is a couple of uncluttered square feet to work in I've said, trying to reassure myself.

Yesterday I sat down to sew in my newly emancipated studio space and wow! I reached for my scissors, and there they were. Pencil? No problem. Straight pins? Voila. What an amazing experience - I'm a convert! In fact, I was so thrilled with the results that I tidied up the children's art/craft storage area the following day. What's next? The basement? Let's not get carried away now.

2 comments:

Patty-Jean from LittleQuiver said...

my darling - you have a way with words! me thinks you should write a book - i would read it.

mommy besieged said...

too busy - i did clean the basement after all!!!